Bendigo Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Bendigo?
When it comes to exploring the culturally diverse and historic offerings of Australia, Bendigo in Victoria cannot be missed! This vibrant city boasts a rich history, stunning architecture, and plenty of attractions that are perfect for tourists. From museums to gardens, theaters to galleries, Bendigo has something for everyone.
Here are some of the top tourist attractions to check out when visiting Bendigo:
1. Bendigo Art Gallery – this gallery is home to a vast collection of Australian and international art. The stunning building and beautiful gardens surrounding it are also worth exploring. Address: 42 View St, Bendigo VIC 3550. Phone: (03) 5434 6088.
2. Central Deborah Gold Mine – this goldmine has been converted into a tourist attraction that allows visitors to experience what mining life was like in the 19th century. Visitors will have the opportunity to explore the mines' tunnels and see working boilers and machinery. Address: 76 Violet St, Bendigo VIC 3550. Phone: (03) 5443 8322.
3. Bendigo Joss House Temple – a symbol of Bendigo's vibrant Chinese heritage, this temple is one of the oldest and largest surviving temples of its kind in Australia. Visitors can explore the history of Bendigo's Chinese communities and learn about ancient Chinese culture and customs. Address: Finn St & Bridge St, Bendigo VIC 3550. Phone: (03) 5442 1685.
4. Rosalind Park – a peaceful and picturesque park located in the heart of Bendigo, Rosalind park is an excellent spot for a leisurely stroll. The park features stunning gardens, walking trails, and views of the city's historic monuments and landmarks. Address: Pall Mall, Bendigo VIC 3550.
5. Bendigo Tramways – this unique attraction allows visitors to ride on restored vintage trams and explore Bendigo's beautiful streets, gardens and historic buildings. Trains run daily from the Central Deborah Gold Mine to the Bendigo Tramways Depot. Address: 1-3 Tramways Ave, Bendigo VIC 3550. Phone: (03) 5442 2821.
6. Bendigo Pottery – a fascinating attraction that showcases the history of the pottery industry in Bendigo and the surrounding areas. Visitors can watch live demonstrations of skilled potters creating beautiful and functional pieces of pottery. Address: 146 Midland Hwy, Epsom VIC 3551. Phone: (03) 5448 4404.
7. Ulumbarra Theatre – a contemporary and sleek venue that hosts performances from well-known local and international artists. Located in a historic sandstone building, this stunning venue offers state-of-the-art audio and visual technology. Address: 10 Gaol Rd, Bendigo VIC 3550. Phone: (03) 5434 6100.
With so much to explore and discover, Bendigo in Victoria, Australia is the perfect destination for tourists who want to experience the unique and diverse offerings of this historic city. So pack your bags and experience the magic of Bendigo for yourself!
Bendigo Tourism Articles